I'm a web developer and data geek based in Philadelphia. Originally trained as a quantitative psychologist, I fell in love with code, web development, and data analysis somewhere along the way. Now I'm dedicated to making interesting, useful, and beautiful things with code, full-time.
three good things
Three Good Things helps you stick to a habit of noting at least three positive experiences every day. You can treat this as a private journal, or share your good things anonymously with others. Other features include daily text message reminders and progress tracking with built-in surveys and stat counters.
Do you see yourself the same way that other people see you? I made truyu.io to help answer this question. You can complete a simple personality test about yourself, but you can also invite others to weigh in to create a more well-rounded picture of yourself. In return, you'll get an estimate of your own self-awareness, your similiarity with other users, and several other intrapersonal and interpersonal metrics. Questions are drawn from the International Personality Item Pool.
Ambient Factory is a simple ambient noise generator, allowing you to create a custom mix of subtle noise patterns like wind, gentle rain, and background chatter to drown out distractions. Put your headphones on and try it out while reading or coding. Inspired by one of my favorite sites, Noisli.
- I have a lot of fun crunching and visualizing data with R and competing in Kaggle contests. I've written about a few of these here
- I find personality and psychological measurement pretty darn interesting, and I've published a few research papers in those areas.
- I'm slowly trying all of the cheesesteaks here in Philadelphia.
- My amazing wife converted me into a kimchi fan
- My Boston Terrier, Mia, helps me debug code and life in general.